|Availability:||Out of stock|
Please order this kit from the new eCom site at: RC-TK019 2LTE, 3L Timing Belt Kit
This kit replaces DT-TK-019
This product listing contains important information. Please read it carefully.
How to identify this series of engine: 08/1988 - 07/1997 The later L family of engines can be identified as they have the ‘bucket and shim’ system for adjusting the valves, and not rockers or roller rockers. The newer engines also have stamped steel valve covers, and the older engines had cast aluminum valve covers.
Additions & updates to this kit: This kit was developed by RADD Cruisers from our experience working on these engines in our workshop as well as information provided by our clients. Parts have been added to the kit in an attempt to eliminate component failures, even though these failures are fairly uncommon.
It is critical that all the hardware is torqued to the factory service specifications to prevent damage and possible failure.
1. The stepped guide pulley bolt, 90105-10235, is subject to fatigue and subsequently breaking off which can cause catastrophic failure of the timing belt and costly damage to the cylinder head. This bolt was added to the kit as we feel it should be replaced at the same time with the rest of the timing components.
2. Crankshaft pulley bolt, 90901-19028, has been added since there have been a number of occurrences of reused bolts not holding proper torque. If the crank pulley bolt is not adequately torqued, or the crank pulley is not fully seated, the crank pulley will become loose thereby causing the front of the crankshaft to wear as well as the keyways which align the pulley to the crank to become destroyed. This can cause difficult to repair (expensive) damage to the crankshaft and pulley.
3. The other two bolts that hold the tensioner pulley are also included (90105-08169, 90109-08171), as they are also subject to fatigue, especially when not torqued to the factory specification.
4. Many technicians like to remove the cam seal retainer when replacing the camshaft seal, as a result the proper factory gasket, 11384-54030, has also been included.
5. The timing tensioner pulley spring, 90506-18060, has been added as these spring are subject to fatigue and either losing tension or breaking off.
A note about the water pump: When replacing the timing components, it is also important to replace the water pump at the same time. The water pump lifespan is only somewhat longer than the timing components, and the timing components need to be removed to access and replace the water pump.
The generally accepted replacement interval for the timing components is 5 years or 100,000 kms, whichever comes first.
Other items to consider: valve cover gasket, thermostat, radiator cap, heater and radiator hoses, alternator and accessory belts, engine coolant, timing cover gasket.
Kit contains Genuine Toyota and high quality OEM/aftermarket parts.
2021 11 19
timing belt component kit