|Availability:||Out of stock|
please order this item from our new site at: www.shopraddcruisers.ca
2022 October: These are now being sold as tapped for 1/8"-27 NPT
• This product listing contains important and helpful information - please read it
Suits: 70HD, 80 & 100 Series Land Cruisers with automatic transmissions
• HZJ73, HZJ74, HZJ76, HZJ77, HDJ80, HDJ81, HZJ80, HZJ81, HDJ100, HDJ101, HDJ105
• FZJ80,FZJ100, FZJ105,
• BXD20 (Mega Cruiser)
• & a few others such as certain Coaster buses and ToyoAce models
Use this fitting when you are installing your own DIY temperature gauge to your transmission.
Note 1: Tapping these fittings straight can be challenging, be sure to take your time when starting out. The fittings are now tapped for 1/8-27 NPT. A number of clients mentioned (complained?) that it was really tricky to tap these fittings properly, and some were having to order more than one to get it right. I purchased the necessary (expensive!) machine tools to tap them straight, which takes a little more time to do, but is SO worth it.
Note 2: You may have to custom adjust the depth of my tapping to suit your specific fitting using your own 1/8-27 NPT tap.
Note 3: If you want an un-drilled fitting, please let me know by email or a message when you order. The default is to only ship a tapped fitting.
Note 4: If you are fitting a transmission temperature sensor into this fitting, make 100% sure the sender does not obstruct fluid flow. Often this means you must use a short sender and that usually also means a short sweep gauge. In the future (sometime in 2023), I may offer an elongated fitting to allow use of a long sensor... but that's a ways out right now.
suggested sensor style (I will add others in the future):
• AutoMeter #2259
Suggested Temperature Ranges:
• 120 - 230*F = normal
• 230 - 265*F = Warm
• 265 - 300*F = Hot
• The product photo image of the gauges was clipped from Wholesale Automatics Trans Temp sensor guide located at: Wholesale Automatics Tech Support
• If you would like to purchase a gauge kit, or want an upgraded transmission, then Wholesale Automatics is the place to go.
90407-20006 Locally Modified Part
Toyota - Japan
2022 07 27